Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bulldog Tube Time: True Blood


By Neiah Williams '12


True Blood is a Romantic drama series that comes on HBO Sundays at 10/9 central. True blood is in their third season of their series. This series is very popular because during their first season they had 1.44 million viewers each week. During their second season of the series they had 12. 4 million viewers each week. The third season of true blood comes on June 13th 2010. I would give true blood a 9/10 star rating because this series just leaves you with wanting more.

The Main Characters in True Blood are Sookie Stackhouse, Bill Compton, Eric Thorman, Jason Stackhouse, Sam Merlotte, Tara Thornton, and Lafayette Reynolds. Sookie Stackhouse is a telepathic waitress who is dating a vampire. Bill Compton is a 173-year old vampire who is dating and falls in love with Sookie Stackhouse. Eric Thorman is an old and powerful vampire who really despises human life. Jason Stackhouse is Sookie’s brother who just has a lot of girl problems. Sam Merlotte is Sookie’s boss who runs a bar in Bon Temps, and whom is a shape shifter. A shape shifter is a person that can change into an animal that he or she sees before changing. Tara Thornton is Sookie’s best friend who just seem to have problems every where she goes. Lafayette Reynolds is Tara’s cousin who just wants to live life to the fullest. Sookie, Tara, Sam, and Lafayette all are friends that work together at Merlotte’s the bar that they all work at.

True Blood is a series about a telepathic waitress who lives in a small town in Louisiana called Bon Temps. Bon Temps is a town that has both humans and vampires. So “yes” a lot of creepy stuff happens there. Although a Japanese company created synthetic blood for the vampires to drink. The humans in that town feel that it’s not a good idea to put both humans and vampires together and live amongst one another. Sookie is considered to be an outcast and a “ FREAK” because she can read peoples mind. She finds herself being a normal human around Bill because she can’t read his mind. While they relationship takes off trouble seems to follow them because of what they’ve become which is a vampire dating a human.

I can honestly say that I have no favorite episode when it comes to True Blood, because I love them all. I mean I love the way all the actors portray their characters. I have no favorite character in the series, because I love them all. I love the way the make-up is put on the vampires, to make them seem dead and deadly. I love the way the characters talk with an old country voice. I think Alan Ball the Director and Creator of true blood does a fascinating job of keeping his hit series funny, enjoying, and well written.


I just can’t wait until the third season of True Blood comes on June 13, 2010. I know this season is going to turn heads. I am not really excited about waiting until June to see the third season of the series. I mean “come on” I want to see more of True Blood; I am dying in the inside for this new season. True Blood is just an addictive show to me I just can’t stop watching it makes me wanting more. I love watching True Blood, but one of my disappointments about the show is the long waiting period for the new season to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment